It is hard to believe this is just minutes away from the Mall of America.
I saw swans although I am sorry to say I am not able to identify the particular kind of swan. I think Trumpeter, but I'm not sure of that. I also saw lots of Mallards, Canada Geese and flocks of Robins. The surprise for me was the large flock of Cedar Waxwings and they allowed me to come so close. In fact they flew in close to me. This has really been my Cedar Waxwing year. I knew snow was predicted, so I was thinking it looked as though everything was prepared.
The truth is that it was so cold that I took the easy way out and worked from my photograph at home.
I have painted in much colder weather outside! but it was windy and maybe felt colder because I am not quite accustomed to winter yet. (I held down the pages for the photo with a plastic triangle which explains the unusual bottom portion of the picture.) I do like the winter palette colors even though I will surely miss all the green of spring and summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment