Thanks to Roz Stendahl
http://www.rozwoundup.typepad.com/
March 28, 2012
Observing Nature: Pat Beaubien at the MCBA Visual Journal Collective
For quite awhile now I have had a Fabriano Venezia 9x12 Journal,
however I have had trouble getting comfortable with the larger size.
Habits die hard sometimes. Recently I went to the Minnesota Center
for the Book Arts Journal Collective meeting and was very inspired by
the work of Pat Beaubien.
however I have had trouble getting comfortable with the larger size.
Habits die hard sometimes. Recently I went to the Minnesota Center
for the Book Arts Journal Collective meeting and was very inspired by
the work of Pat Beaubien.
It looked like so much fun to use watercolors with a sense of abandon
that I have been attempting to be more free and yet have stronger values,
and its a process that now has a long way to go.
The key is to really work every day.
that I have been attempting to be more free and yet have stronger values,
and its a process that now has a long way to go.
The key is to really work every day.
My very careful Lichen work at the Minnesota School of Botanical Art
is quite a contrast from the more loose and spontaneous approach.
Yet I am learning from both.
I also have just recently found out about the Natural History Network http://naturalhistorynetwork.org/. All of these efforts are connected
is quite a contrast from the more loose and spontaneous approach.
Yet I am learning from both.
I also have just recently found out about the Natural History Network http://naturalhistorynetwork.org/. All of these efforts are connected
for me but time will tell exactly how.......
| Hidden Falls Regional Park, Mississippi River (large tree has lots of roots showing on the shore by the river) |
No comments:
Post a Comment