Five years ago, as I sat on a park bench in the woods at Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge and worked on this watercolor sketch of a wonderful old oak tree, a tiny bird, a juvenile no doubt, hopped along the ground and stopped next to my foot. a little ball of fluff. It was a wonderful moment for me. The bird eventually hopped away into the nearby woods, and into the rest of its own particular life. So on Sunday when the metro sketchers went to the refuge for an outing, I ended up back on the same trail again and this time included the bench that had years ago offered me that memorable moment.
 |
| Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge view from visitor center |
 |
| another sketcher who joked that (like Roz) she had "infiltrated my journal" |
See
1 comment:
Judith, I wish that I could have been there to infiltrate your journal! Family matters kept me away. I love your sketches and that you were able to revisit a place you'd sketched before!
Post a Comment