Windows have fascinated me both metaphorically and historically. Light or deep shadows pour through this fascination and I end up studying the light again and again. Maybe its on my mind since currently, in my reading life, I'm imagining the world of Vermeer, another of my favorites. Here in Wisconsin the sunshine has been extremely elusive for many days, yet the light continues to be intriguing.
looking out and looking in
 |
| very quick small sketch: maybe 15 minutes |
 |
| my new scarf from Avalanche Looms |
5 comments:
I just saw your action painting on the Driftless Folk School Kickstarter video. That's very cool. I like your picture of the old Avalanche chapel, complete with Crime Stoppers billboard. Ha!
I love that old chapel!
did I say itwas a cheese factory in the 30's, before the Ladies Aid turned it into a chapel?
Hi Judith! Thanks for your comment on my blog. Your sketches are inspiring me to get out and paint and I LOVE your new scarf from Avalanche. So beautiful!
Post a Comment