Sunday, December 28, 2014

Wefts of Wonder All Around

Do we live in a warped world?

The truth is that the world, seen as something woven, would be made up of both warp and weft.  But I have been seeking to view our 2014 world as more than a cynical warped place of wars and terrors and cruelty and out of whack priorities.  I have been weaving and watching.

I notice stripes of color and texture all around filled with light and life. 




The "warped"  aspect of life is certainly present but so is the "weft":  the wonderful color of nature, of community, of sustainability, of singing.........  the joy of being human and able to think creatively.......
Taking the metaphor just a bit further, another "stripe of weft" that gives me hope is the ingenuity of the young.  We certainly need new alternatives to the corporations dominating the planet's future.  We are all part of a complex system that needs balance.  



So weaving some balance, some complexity, yet finding simplicity...roads and paths to a new reality....and even sometimes going out on the water......
Wonderful Wefts  (the weft is the horizontal strips of fiber in a woven piece)

 I wish you all joy as we head into another new year.  May you find your balance.  Thanks for checking out this blog.





Crackle Weave sampler


5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad I discovered your blog and your inspiring creativity this year. I hope you have a beautiful 2015!

Judith said...

Thank you Bonnie!

Its fun to discover your drawings and fiber work and embroidery!

May 2015 bring more!

Avalanche Looms / Susan Johnson said...

I like your water imagery, and your weaving it in. I hope you and I and other people push back against inhumanity this year, in every way we can imagine. Unless it is singing, in which case I'll just hum along

Avalanche Looms / Susan Johnson said...

I love your crackle weaves, and the sewed together piece. Just so good!!

Judith said...

Susan Thank you for commenting!! Twice even!
It took me awhile to discover this most recent kindness. A friendship that inspires is a treasure