Sunday, July 22, 2012

Garden Tour

greyblue toned paper in the Fabriano multicolored journal


(in Fabriano Venezia journal)


Yesterday I took part in the Bright Gardens for Fraser Tour.  I was invited to do some painting in my neighbor's garden as part of the "scenery" for the tour.  Though the day started with a thunderstorm, the sun arrived and it was a pleasant experience. I am using the approach of a great many "dabs" here and there on the page.  Rather than getting myself caught by the plethora of details, the actual identification of specific kinds of plants becomes quite secondary to the overall arrangement of the garden.  Without the large sweep of green lawn, these dabs would be unreadable.  I "read" impatiens, geraniums and hostas from a dab of pink or green.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Judith,
Thanks for opening comments. I hope you won't wish you hadn't

That Fabriano journal is a treasure. So interesting how you can read your dabs