It was a surprise for me to realize how similar the colors in the new warp are to the colors in my living space and even the colors of this blog heading. Favorites, I guess. I am using a method I've never tried before, the "tie-on" method of warping. To save the trouble of re-threading the warp strands through the heddles, the new strands are simply tied to the old ones and pulled through. I hope I did it correctly. In my own life, uniting the old and the new has not always been simple. The strands seem to constantly fluctuate between order and chaos. Not so different from the strands of a typical day.
working with my hands using tools, weaving yarn into cloth, knitting my life together, discovering the world by experiencing quiet joy
Sunday, July 1, 2012
Repeating Color Palettes
It was a surprise for me to realize how similar the colors in the new warp are to the colors in my living space and even the colors of this blog heading. Favorites, I guess. I am using a method I've never tried before, the "tie-on" method of warping. To save the trouble of re-threading the warp strands through the heddles, the new strands are simply tied to the old ones and pulled through. I hope I did it correctly. In my own life, uniting the old and the new has not always been simple. The strands seem to constantly fluctuate between order and chaos. Not so different from the strands of a typical day.