One way of staying warm during these exceedingly frigid days of Wisconsin winter has been to busy myself with yarn and creating my own warmth. Below are wrist (or ankle) cuffs which can help to keep me cosy.
working with my hands using tools, weaving yarn into cloth, knitting my life together, discovering the world by experiencing quiet joy
Thursday, January 16, 2014
Y A R N S
I've been weaving with cotton and wool on a hemp warp and have yet to decide on what I will do with the fabric. The orange/red wool in all the photos was hand dyed here in Wisconsin from Wisconsin sheep. It is a joy for me to be learning about different breeds and the kind of wool/yarn that they give us. When I listen to the tall tales we knitters tell each other as we knit together at the yarn shop, I feel glad that I am able to walk over for this time with my comrades even when the wind outside is icy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment