Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Abundance

goodness of life meant for all, not just a few




I am thinking about harvests here in Vernon County, a place that feels brimming with organic health and opportunity.

I am thinking also about my grandchildren, all american kids whose families are both Korean and Hmong.  A book just published called Eternal Harvest by Karen Coates and Jerry Redfern describes the secret war the United States was fighting in Laos between 1964 and 1973.  The reason this is crucial today is that no other country has been bombed as heavily.  The harvest and abundance of bombs even 50 years later continues to cruelly damage Laotian families.  My own grandchildren's heritage and country devastated by a  secret war.
When will we take responsibility for the abundance we've left behind even fifty years later?

http://eternalharvestthebook.com/videos/



www.smallfamilycsa.com        Summer Harvesting and my first gulps of goat milk...yum


To paint or to weave, to pull weeds or to help harvest 800 heads of lettuce, life gets busy here in the summer.
I am substituting for a friend's share in a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) organic farm once a week for three weeks.
It is such a contrast to the snowy cold beauty of winter.  Its all abundant life and I am learning so many new aspects of life everyday that it is hard to put into words.  
Hopefully your life is also being blessed with healthy abundance.

No comments: