| view from the window next to my loom |
| Prairie Edge Road, near Viroqua Wisconsin |
...taking a break from weaving I went out Hunting for an elusive Snowy Owl, last seen along the fenceposts of
Prairie Edge Road
(that's the for real name of the road, isn't that great?)
For quite a few years I have been painting and drawing in journals keeping a sequential record of my perceptions and views of my world using paints and colored pencils. That process is continuing however weaving has lately become more invigorating.
My current weaving piece started out with moss and lichen as my inspiration but gradually over time has begun to look like the snow and hills and fenceposts of my home here in the hills of southwestern Wisconsin. These blog posts are challenging as I wonder at my new life. I was out driving on the lookout for a snowy owl, I felt inside a painting......... or a song......"Don't Fence Me In"
Let these posts be posts on the way to new fields. I haven't spotted the snowy owl yet but I sure am enjoying the journey, throwing my shuttles across, as the yarn turns into more and more cloth.
The pleasure of my new life here is more and more a wonder.


3 comments:
Hi Judith! I'm enjoying your weaving posts as I've just begun to weave myself after getting my first loom in December. This is a transition for me as well, but as you say it is a great way to explore with color and using your hands to create. I look forward to seeing more about your weaving. Thanks for the post!
Jill
Judith, I had no idea you had a blog! I love the combo of watercolors and weavings, such lovely work. Makes winter more tolerable.
Anna
I just want to testify how long and lovely this piece turned out. Your snowy prairie tree row picture is lovely, too.
Post a Comment